Calculate your KiwiSaver
What could your retirement look like?
We’ve calculated your results based on the information you entered, and some industry-standard investment return, inflation and salary increase assumptions as set by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA). Our calculator is intended as a guide only and only relates to your KiwiSaver account.
- Industry-standard forecast rates of return (after fees and tax at 28%) as set by the FMA, across four main fund types:
|Fund type||Annual return|
- No savings suspension or withdrawals take place.
- If you’re employed, we’ve assumed an annual salary increase of 3.5% and a 3% employer contribution.
- If you're self employed (or not working), we've assumed your regular annual voluntary contribution increases by inflation (2%) each year.
- Your annual government contribution entitlement amount is received each year, up to a maximum of $521.43. This figure is not adjusted for inflation.
- Fees, tax rates and government contributions are assumed to continue unchanged until you reach age 65.
- All projected balances are in today’s dollar terms (by adjusting for the impact of inflation at 2% per annum).
- After age 65, the graph shows the projected weekly retirement income your lump sum would give you over a 25-year period, assuming a 2.5% annual return (after tax and fees) and a 2% annual inflation adjustment.
Remember, this result is a guide only and several factors affect the size of your retirement savings and how long this might last in retirement. These include:
- Your choice of fund
- Your contribution rate
- How long you contribute for
- If you are using KiwiSaver to save for a first home
- Other retirement savings and income you may have
- Your expected retirement income levels
- The actual performance of investment markets
If you want a more personalised plan for your KiwiSaver, give us a call on 0800 336 338. We’ll get your KiwiSaver money working harder for you.
Not sure which fund is right for you?
Here’s a few steps you can take to help you work out what approach is best for your financial future.